Frequently Asked Questions

Before contacting us, please see the list of Frequently Asked Questions below:

1. How do I sample the training site?
You can take our FREE COURSE and have a look around the Online Academy by clicking this link and signing up for our mailing list: Free Addictions Course. You will be given instructions in an e-mail about how to create an account and take your free course. To view our Instructional Videos on how to access and use our on-line academy, click here.

2. How do I sign up for a course?
If you wish to purchase an entire trimester of courses (15), click here to purchase the Certification Package. If you wish to take an individual course at this time (either on-line or face-to-face), you can log in directly to the PAHA Online Academy, select your course, and pay via PayPal on-site.

3. I forgot my login and password to the training site. Can you give it to me?
Go directly to the site by clicking on the link in the navigation bar “On-line Academy.” Click to login and on the login screen you will find a link below “Forgotten your username or password?” which will lead you through a series of screens to obtain a new password. You can also click this link to be taken directly to that screen: Forgotten password.

4. I’d like to enroll in face-to-face courses. How do I do this?
We are not currently offering face-to-face courses on the Big Island. If there is enough demand, we will make special arrangements for face-to-face classes to be offered. Please email us if you are interested in being on the waiting list. We will notify you immediately if we will be offering any courses on the Big Island.

The Hawaii Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division (ADAD) has recently approved live-stream courses in place of face-to-face courses due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. In October 2021, PAHA begin offering live-streaming online courses to help meet the demand for face-to-face courses. See the schedule here

5. I don’t know what courses I need to take for Certification or Recertification. Can you help me?
We would strongly recommend that you contact your state board directly to ask them which courses you need. If you are going through your initial certification with the state of Hawaii, please click on the “CSAC Certification” link above and follow down through the instructions. You will be guided directly to the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division of the Hawaii Dept. of Health website which will instruct you how to begin an application for your CSAC/CADC. If you are seeking recertification, please contact your individual state board for details on which type of courses will be accepted.

6. Can you match me up with a provider to set up my clinical work experience?
Currently we don’t offer this service. Please contact your state board for a list of approved providers.

If your questions haven’t been answered yet, you can contact us by email:

E-mail: or click here.